User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
LA Noire 2??
01-15-2012, 10:02 PM
LA Noire 2??
Well the description kind of says it all. Will there be a second edition in the L.A. Noire series?
I understand ALOT of people out right hated the game(not me), but it was some what expected knowing the majority of the people who bought it were a bunch of 17yrold kids expecting a game much like the GTA series.
To me, this game shows what a mature game can be. I don't me mature as in peoples heads being blown off rather the type of mindset needed to fully appreciate it.
Now I read that Bondi is fir the most part a dead company, but does this mean Rstar will let the series die before it even really got started?
I hope not, there's far too much potential to simply let it fade away.

If they do make a new one hopefully it doesn't take 7 years to do so.
I really want to see a Chicago Noire, that would be brilliant. Also there needs to be some major changes, the biggest one? Letting go of our hand, if you played it you know it was literally impossible to fail and continue playing. Adding in some consequences for poor/shabby case work is a must. The whole evidence system needs an overhaul, IMO. Really there just needs to be more freedom, Noire style. It could have been a good thing to experience some of Coles' non work related activites to break up the relentless routines of case breaking. Not doing his laundry, but something.... Anything!

Sorry for the ramble, but I LOVE this game and can't wait to see a second installment(hopefully)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2012, 06:55 AM
RE: LA Noire 2??
i completely agree with everything you wrote.
01-25-2012, 03:14 PM
I think Rockstar could take another swing at this, but the key to being more successful is probably to be either a lot more like GTA or a lot less. I think L.A. Noire got bogged down by trying to be revolutionary both with the MotionScan-based conversation and with an incredibly large open-world city. When you think about it, those two goals have nothing to do with each other. It proved impractical to fully succeed with both. L.A. Noire's map is over twice as large as GTA IV and more accurate to Los Angeles than GTA IV is to New York, but GTA IV's Liberty City is more interesting because Rockstar North uses the development time to fill the area with interesting stuff while Team Bondi used the time to build more area then not fully populate it.

MotionScan looks great but I think the expense of actors having to be in hair and makeup for every line they say made it impractical to have more side missions and random bits of interactivity. I think L.A. Noire felt like an outstanding and beautiful hidden-object adventure game but it also tried to be an open world driving and exploration game, and in that mode unfavorable comparisons to GTA are well deserved. L.A. Noire could have had a map half the size and had the same cases, and the time used to make a bigger map could have been used to add more replay value to a smaller map. Being street-accurate to L.A. is neat in an intellectual way but it doesn't make the gameplay better.

02-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Does anyone know if there will be a second ? noire out? if so i'd love to see it in old London Big Grin
02-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Might be L.A. noire Sherlock Holmes Big Grin

Freeze LAPD
02-14-2012, 01:20 AM
I liked it, while it was working. If they can get the glitches, freezes and crashes out, I'd love to see more Noire games.
02-14-2012, 04:28 AM
I can't wait, either. Though I suspect it won't happen (for obvious reasons). I'd honestly just be happy with some DLC, like the Burglary Desk, some new suits, and, of course, A NEW ELSA SONG.

[Image: bekowskyssign.png]
05-14-2012, 07:06 AM
If a new LA NOIRE is coming, it should be in the 20 century and maybe a new city! It would be cool if it wqas like in 2011 or something ;-)

"To serve, and to protect
05-14-2012, 09:07 AM
The forties were in the 20th century. We've been in the 21st since 2001.
05-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Wink RE: LA Noire 2??
Sorry, my english is not so good :-) im norwegian so i dont speak english alot :-(

"To serve, and to protect
05-21-2012, 11:50 AM
(05-14-2012 07:06 AM)The_cop Wrote:  If a new LA NOIRE is coming, it should be in the 20 century and maybe a new city! It would be cool if it wqas like in 2011 or something ;-)

Maybe, but I think it'll be way too similar to the GTA series, especially with GTA V taking place in Los Santos.
05-23-2012, 07:25 PM
The can't really set this in modern times. The noire genre is by definition, detectives, 30's/40's setting, fedoras, cigarettes, scotch and broads. I would love to see a sequel though, I like the idea of Chicago Noire!
05-29-2012, 11:39 PM
well a couple of comments to all this:

1. There is no indication that Rockstar or anyone else wants to continue this series. It took 7 years to do this game and i don't think they want that kind of time investment.

2. any "noire" game would have to take place in the 30-50's.

3. It would make sens (in other words be easier) to keep the LA map instead of developing a new one. then they could:
a. have more DLC. Who wouldn't enjoy a new case every month or two to play. Seems like a simple solution to keep it going. Revolutionary actually. Imagine launching a game that has unlimited DLC year after year. I know I'd play it.
b. Maybe explore the other characters. i got intrigued by this when we were controlling other characters in the game (no spoilers).
Imagine doing some cases as Rusty or Earl, or anyone else.
c. how about controlling a bad guy. Make us control a criminal (ok maybe not a murderer, but how about a diamond heist) and have Cole and co. try to catch or stop us.

Any of these would please me. The wouldn't have to recreate anything. THe map and characters are in place. Just give us new stories.
07-20-2012, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2012 09:35 PM by Sherr.)
I think the price of stars having to be in locks and cosmetics for every range they say created it incorrect to have more part tasks and unique pieces of interaction. I think L.A. Noire sensed like an excellent and wonderful hidden-object experience activity but it also tried to be an start globe generating and discovery game.

08-01-2012, 10:22 AM
(05-14-2012 07:06 AM)The_cop Wrote:  If a new LA NOIRE is coming, it should be in the 20 century and maybe a new city! It would be cool if it wqas like in 2011 or something ;-)

21st century I think, my friend and also not a good idea to have LA Noire it in the 21st because it'd take away that film Noir feel.

Keep your hands where I can see them or I'll be forced to redecorate the stucco with your entrails.
08-01-2012, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 08:32 PM by Canoxa.)
Hey there,

Okay, answer me this...Who do you think is gonna be the central character in LA Noire 2 now that Phelps is dead? :-(
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2012, 07:13 PM
I think that it would be interesting maybe to play the game as a head of department or high ranking detective such as Roy Earle. That would be interesting because you would have more experience with the politics involded in policing. Another Idea would maybe be to start off as a young beat cop, but someone who isn't as educated or straight as Cole. I defiantly think they should produce a sequel, I don't care where it is as long as it isn't in New York.
08-03-2012, 06:24 AM
(08-01-2012 11:12 AM)Phelps_Fan1247 Wrote:  Hey there,

Okay, answer me this...Who do you think is gonna be the central character in LA Noire 2 now that Phelps is dead? :-(

they could do at least several things 1. they could bring back jack kelso (i liked him) he could be helping la pd in 1948 or 49 in solving crimes, or 2. set it in late 30's or early 40's and have you be a detective being hired to help solve crimes, 4. set it just after the events of the first game and be a detective trying to solve the corruption in la pd.Suicidal
09-14-2012, 02:01 AM
la noire was the best game any more does not mean such a beautiful and on a larger map
09-16-2012, 05:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2012 05:57 AM by Bekowsky.)
A really awesome sequel would be something similar to Fallout, where you can decide what you want to do more. For example, if someone tries to bribe you, you can either accept or decline it. Also, you can use money to buy your own suit, instead of having only a few to choose from. One more thing would be if you could decide where you live, what car you have, if you have a wife/kids, etc. It would make the game more personal.

As for the map, I think they could keep it basically the same, just update the graphics a little, and let you explore a little more and go into a few more buildings, even if nothing is there.

[Image: bekowskyssign.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Wink Has anyone heard if there's going to be a la noire 2? hugh750 5 3,564 03-04-2014 02:26 AM
Last Post: batik89
  L.A Noire myths - Urban Tarzan r*fan 12 7,631 02-13-2014 03:18 PM
Last Post: ThisisBlackout
  So I can't play LA Noire because of a patch update Ubasnoz 0 478 02-13-2014 08:49 AM
Last Post: Ubasnoz
Question la noire pc- information krail 0 3,219 02-07-2014 10:51 PM
Last Post: krail
  Whore of the Orient (The L.A Noire wannabe) Ben Earle 1 1,106 02-03-2014 10:01 PM
Last Post: yass100
  Funniest thing to happen to you in L.A Noire? Andrew.8 123 68,372 01-15-2014 06:57 PM
Last Post: ChasityLvan
  The next noire? ITz HOLLYWOOD 64 25,258 12-11-2013 04:07 AM
Last Post: Mark_Kelso
Video L.A. NOIRE REVIEW - Should You Buy? BarkerBoy1601 0 580 10-09-2013 02:53 AM
Last Post: BarkerBoy1601
  L.A. Noire freeze issue Rambo_John 7 8,158 06-25-2013 11:02 PM
Last Post: mikkuss
  Comparison of LA Noire LA and contemporary LA. Awesome. Derelict Frog 9 5,662 06-01-2013 03:06 AM
Last Post: DaltonioSpidey94